Skills Lab: Position Battle
Team 91 Northside Skills Lab: Position Battle
Mission Critical Tools for Combat
Tuesday & Wednesday Mornings in June
Youth Boys 2030-2025
We are pleased to announce our youth boys programming for June, 2021. Team 91 Northside is committed to providing advanced training opportunities for boys and girls on the Northside of Denver.
Our new Skills Lab installment will include 6, 1.5 hour sessions of advanced skills and training, and also includes film study, and player analysis/evaluations. The first hour of each session will be dedicated to advanced skills and hundreds of reps. In the last thirty minutes, the offense and the defense (and goalies) will come together and battle in competitive drills. We will progress from 1v1/2v2 competency all the way up to 6v6. Players will learn the Team 91 Northside systems, as well as skills that apply to any offensive/defensive scheme. WE TRAIN HOW WE FIGHT!
Position Battle Description:
- 6, 1.5 hour sessions
- Players will be sent multiple labs prior to the clinic including videos of drills, player spotlights, and a skill bank of full of dodging and scoring clips that we will review during each session.
- Each player will receive a detailed player evaluation including an action plan highlighting strengths and room room for improvement.
- Access to the S3 Video Platform
- Hundreds of reps!
Dates: 6/8, 6/9, 6/15, 6/16, 6/22, 6/23
2030-2027 Times: 8am-9:30am
2026-2025 Times: 9:30am-11:00am
(we may add more times based on interest for each age group)
Location: Sandstone Ranch Park, 2525 E Ken Pratt Blvd, Longmont, CO
Coaches: All sessions will be led by 91 Northside Director, Ethan LaHoda and other high school/college coaches in the area.
Cost: $175 ($150 for summer select players)
Skills Laboratory is designed for dedicated lacrosse players who are looking to take their game to the next level. The mission is simple; prepare players for the next level, accelerate skills and IQ, and HUSTLE. Additionally, Position Battle will help players develop positive habits off the field that will help them in all aspects of life. It is designed specifically to build your toolbox to take your game to the next level, and habits and attitudes to help you forge your own path in lacrosse and life. We are looking for advanced players who are committed to taking their game to the next level. Coachability, a positive attitude, and a relentless work ethic are mandatory!
Offensive Skill Overview (this is just the beginning!)
- D.A.S.H dodging
- Reactive Dodging
- Advanced Footwork
- Scoring form, accuracy, and velocity
- Time and room scoring stratification
- On the run scoring stratification
- Island/Up the Hash Stratification.
- 2 man game
- Reading Slides & Rotations
- Blind Space Scoring
- Off ball & Adjacent Movement
Defensive Skill Overview:
- Defensive Footwork
- Kickbacks and hip turns
- Approach fundamentals
- Alamo/Battle Approaches
- Slides, Recoveries, Doubles
- Defending Redodges
- Skewer/Hammer/Dagger slides
- X/Island Defense
- Defending/attacking 2 man game
- Invert defense
- Offball/Help Defense
- Clearing Stickwork
- Offensive skills and comprehension
Goalie Skill Overview:
- Arc/Angle work
- Hand speed and eye hand coordination
- Steering wheel/Accelerator work
- Wall routine
- Body/kick saves
- Screen shots
- Defending fakes
- Clearing stickwork
- Mindset/Resilience Training
Elevate the North!